Here’s the link to practice the writing Americo plans with their eApp.
Be familiar with it so you are ready when you go into the home. This is an eApp demo site for practicing writing Americo eApps. It does require you to have an agent login from Americo.
Important note: eApps are great and use them but be prepared for the unexpected. Always take the paper application with you as a back up in case you don’t have internet or the carrier site is down for maintenance.
Preparing for the Field
When you are running multiple appointments each week it’s important to be organized and ready to write business. Here is a checklist and tips to help you prepare for the field.
- Calendar your appointments: After you are done dialing for the day plug your appointments into your calendar or CRM system with the appointment date, time, and city name. I place the city name next the clients name so I know at a glance where my next appointments are.
- Have carrier applications printed – Keep a file carrier in your car that has the paper applications for your state. Even if the app is an eApp always carry a paper application as a back up in case your computer crashes.
- Computer & Mobile phone – Make sure to have your computer and chargers with you in the field.
- Important Phone numbers – Make sure you have the agent hotline and carrier phone numbers programmed in your phone before you go out so you are fully prepared.
- Business cards – Not absolutely necessary and don’t let it hold you up if you are a new agent but it’s nice to have a business card with your info to give the client.
- Leads – Always take leads with you in the field. When an appointment cancels on you or if you have time in between appointments this is a great opportunity to book more appointments. Think like a top producer would!